PATTIE’S PARENTING TIPS
Pattie’s Parenting Tip is a new social media/web outreach for the families of Dodge County. Look for regular posts from UW Madison Division of Extension-Dodge County Human Development & Relationships Educator, Pattie Carroll.
- College Aged Kids & Stress
- Back to School during COVID & Establishing Family Routines
- Families and Screens
- Dealing with Increased Stress
- Make the Most of Summer
- Books Can Help Families Engage in Difficult Conversations
- Memorializing the 2020 Global Pandemic as a Family
- Cooking With Kids
- Earth Day 2020: Plant Something as a Family
PROGRAMS WITH PATTIE!
The Parent Connect
Pattie co-hosts with other Southern Wisconsin Extension Educators on a one hour, free, weekly webinar for parents and caregivers in our area! Join in via Zoom to learn about resources and gain parenting skills that promote children’s social emotional learning. Each week an Extension educator will highlight a different social emotional skill and facilitate a conversation around how parent’s can guide their children. For full Parent Connect flyer see HERE.
Fall 2020 Schedule
October 1 – Making & Evaluating Choices
October 8 – Solving Problems with Others
October 15 – Take a Deep Breath
October 22 – Helping Children Identify Strengths
October 29 – Humankind. Be Both
Building Your Resilience in the Time of Covid-19
Pattie co-hosts with Extension educators Carol Bralich and Mandi Dornfeld for an 8 week program on building a personalized resiliency toolkit!
Starting Tuesday, September 29, 2020
7:30 am-8:15 am.
There is no cost for the program. Registration is required.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information to join the virtual meeting.
Taking Care of You-Online
Taking Care of You Online is designed to help you discover strategies that will help you to become more aware of the mind-body connection and gain skills to respond to stress you may experience in your daily life. We will be discussing multiple aspects of wellness including physical, mental, social and spiritual health.
Classes Start September 29th, 2020!
Session Title: Building Your Resilience in the Time of Covid-19.
EMAIL PARENTING NEWSLETTERS
UW-Extension free, electronic, age-paced newsletters, including Spanish language editions. View at: http://parenting.extension.wisc.edu/
OTHER RESOURCES FOR PARENTS
- Child Trends is a nonprofit, nonpartisan research center that studies children at all stages of development: http://www.childtrends.org/
- Learn Math Everyday Fun Games (PDF, 4 pages, 324 KB)
- Wisconsin Department of Children and Families – Wisconsin’s Regulated Child Care Search: http://dcf.wisconsin.gov/childcare/licensed/search.htm