DODGE COUNTY CLEAN SWEEP COLLECTION 2020
Extension Dodge County announces the 2020 Clean Sweep Collection date to write on your calendar! On Saturday, August 29, 2020, one collection site will be available for county residents and non-residents to dispose of hazardous waste.
Saturday, August 29, 2020: Beaver Dam
- Collection Time: 8 am – 12 Noon
- Site: Dodge County Highway Dept. Shop (Town of Trenton), N8856 CTH A, Beaver Dam, WI 53916
- Hazardous Materials Collected: household, farm, business.
- Cost: $10/Household; Agriculture/Free-must pre-register
- Small Business (VSQG)/must pre-register-cost will be assessed
Clean Sweep programs provide the public with opportunities to safely and legally dispose of unwanted pesticides, household products and chemicals. This program collects, treats, stores, or disposes of waste in an environmentally safe method through a licensed hazardous waste facility. Hazardous wastes can usually be identified by products which contain any of the following words: caution, warning, danger, poison, toxic, ignitable or flammable, acid, corrosive or reactive.
All residents of Dodge County are invited to participate. Farms and businesses are asked to pre-register so as the waste disposal company can accommodate their needs.
CLEAN SWEEP GUIDELINES-Prepare for Social Distancing COVID-19
- Do NOT pack material in the back seat of your vehicle
- Keep like materials together & place in cardboard boxes
- We will NOT return cardboard boxes used to transport items to the collection
- You must stay in your vehicle at all times
- Put all items in your trunk or as close to the hatchback as possible
- For social distancing purposes, we will NOT accept or unload any items in back seats that are directly behind the driver’s seat
- Materials should be properly identified with their original labels
- DO NOT MIX materials together
- Unknown materials can be brought in, but Dodge County and its hazardous waste disposal contractor reserve the right to refuse any material
ACCEPTALBE HOUSEHOLD MATERIALS
- Brake Fluid
- Transmission Fluid
- Paint Stripper
- Carburetor Cleaner
- Engine Cleaner
- Contaminated Fluid
- Lead-based Paint
- Gun Cleaning Fluid
- Swimming Pool Chemical
- Air Freshener
- Dry Cleaning Fluid
- Floor Polish
- Window Cleaner
- Spot Remover
- Mildew Cleaner
- Oven Cleaner
- Nail Polish Remover
- Moth Balls
- Furniture Polish
- Silver Polish
- Fluorescent Tubes
- Mercury Thermometers
- Oil metal-based Paint
- Mercury and Lithium Batteries
MATERIALS NOT ACCEPTED
- Latex Paint
- Human Medical & Biological Wastes
- Radioactive Materials
- Smoke Detectors
- Ammunition, Fireworks, etc.
- Alkaline Batteries
- Used Motor Oil
- Compressed Cylinders
AGRICULTURE AND SMALL BUSINESS
Pre-registration is required for Agriculture (for large quantities) & Very Small Quantity Generator Business Collection (VSQG) by Friday, August 16th.
A VSQG is a small business that generates less than 2,205 lbs. of legally defined hazardous waste.
Register by calling Extension Dodge County at 920-386-3790 between 8am and 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
ONLY phone reservations accepted.
Be prepared to estimate the amount of material being brought to the location (pounds of dry and gallons of liquid).
ACCEPTABLE AGRICULTURE MATERIALS
Damaged, cancelled, banned, or otherwise unwanted agriculture chemicals.
- 2,4,5-T or
- Wood preservatives
- Rodent Bait
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is the Clean Sweep program?
- Can I go to another county’s Clean Sweep?
- What can I bring to a Clean Sweep?
- Can I bring Agricultural Chemicals?
- Can small businesses participate?
- Where can I read more about disposing of specific materials?
ABOUT THE DODGE COUNTY CLEAN SWEEP PROGRAM
- Lowers environmental risks associated with improper disposal of hazardous materials.
- Provide the public with opportunities to dispose of unwanted pesticides, household products and chemicals for safe and legal disposal before they cause problems.
- Generally, Dodge County has an agricultural and/or household Clean Sweep Program every two years.
- Clean Sweep programs are funded through grant money from Wisconsin’s Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP).
- Final grant funding determines county program details such as type of program, dates and locations.
Dane County, WI – Clean Sweep (Year Round Facility)
- Call ahead for details.
- Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 2:45 pm; Saturday 8:00 am – 10:45 am; CLOSED Sundays and Holidays
- Out of County residents: $75.00 per trip
- Agricultural Businesses; Fees based on weight and type of waste
- Contact: (608) 838-3212
- View website and find out more information at: http://landfill.countyofdane.com/services/clean-sweep
Sadoff E-Recycling & Data Destruction
- Electronics recycling and data destruction. Independently audited processes ensure the security of confidential data.
- Mobile devices
- Power supplies
- Network equipment
- Computer accessories (keyboards)
- Computer parts (circuit board)
- Media/storage devices
- About Clean Sweep-Spanish (PDF, 1 page, 10 KB)
- Clean Sweep Fact Sheet-Spanish (PDF, 4 pages, 70 KB)
- Clean Sweep Fact Sheet (PDF, 4 pages, 55 KB)
- Agricultural Chemicals Clean Sweep Program (PDF, 1 page, 15 KB)
- Small Business Hazardous Waste Clean Sweep Program (PDF, 1 page, 11 KB)
- Home & Garden Pesticides (PDF, 4 pages, 239 KB)
- Waste Oil and Other Automotive Products (PDF, 2 pages, 185KB)
- Paint and Other Home Improvement Products (PDF, 4 pages, 198 KB)