Field Notes Podcast
What is Field Notes? Two regional crops educators with UW-Madison Extension in Wisconsin combining their skills, knowledge, and experience to help farmers and agronomists develop research-based solutions to issues facing agriculture in Wisconsin.
- Just in time for Thanksgiving, Field Notes brings you an episode all about cranberries. Wisconsin's state fruit for a reason; we produce the majority of the world's supply, and who better to dig into the details, or the peat, than UW-Madison Extension Cranberry Outreach Specialist Allison Jonjak? We strap on our waders and hop into […]
- Surrounded by the peak autumn colors of Wisconsin, we thought we'd take a turn to talking about trees, specifically about integrating trees and crops in a system called agroforestry. We call up Jacob Grace of the Savanna Institute, a Wisconsin non-profit focused on promoting, educating, and breeding trees for agroforestry and Eric Wolske of Canopy […]
The Cutting Edge Podcast
Join UW-Madison Division of Extension as they search for new crops for Wisconsin growers, processors, and consumers. The strength of Wisconsin’s agricultural economy is its diversity…something that doesn’t just happen by chance. It is a product of the relentless drive of researchers and farmers to innovate, explore, and experiment. Join us for a glimpse into the exciting new research and development bringing new crops and diversity to Wisconsin.
All podcasts along with more information can be found at The Cutting Edge HERE.
You also may subscribe to The Cutting Edge: A Podcast In Search of New Crops For Wisconsin HERE.
- Frost Seeding Red Clover in Winter Wheat pdf
- 2018 WiscWeeds Waterhemp Seed Project pdf
- Winter Weather on Alfalfa
- WI Performance Test Results: Corn Hybrids
- WI Performance Test Results: Soybeans; Winter Wheat; Oats and Barley
- Dodge County Forage Council
- Nutrient & Pest Management
- Plant Pathology
- Soil Science
- UW Soils & Plant Analysis
- UW Corn website
- WI Corn Growers Association
- WI Soybean Association
- Agricultural Safety & Health – provided by UW Center for Agricultural Safety & Health
- WI Pesticide Applicator Training Program, UW-Madison
- Dodge County Agriculture Snapshot
- University of Wisconsin – Integrated Pest & Crop Management Apps for N and IPM
- South Dakota State University Apps for Thistles, Soybean Diseases & Pests, Noxious Weeds & Grazing
- University of California-Davis SoilWeb App for real-time, location-based soil queries
- FarmPAD Mobile Apps for Soil Sampling, Dry Grain and Tank Mixes