ABOUT THE DODGE COUNTY FORAGE COUNCIL
- Mission Statement – The Dodge County Forage Council is dedicated to the production of higher quality forages through education and application.
- Bylaws – Dodge County Forage Council Bylaws (PDF, 4 pages, 15 KB)
- Officers – 2019 Forage Council Board (PDF, 1 page, 178 KB)
Dodge County Forage Council Summer Twilight Meeting CANCELLED– June 17, 2020
- January – Annual Meeting with Program
- Spring – Predictive Equations for Alfalfa Quality (PEAQ) Alfalfa Testing
- Summer – Twilight Meeting/Event
- August – Youth Poster Contest at county fair
- Fall – Corn Silage Drydown / Nitrate Testing
DODGE COUNTY PEAQ READINGS
2019 PEAQ Readings
2018 PEAQ Readings
DODGE COUNTY CORN SILAGE MOISTURE TESTING RESULTS
The best lactation performance by dairy cows has been shown to occur when corn silage is harvested at 65-70 percent moisture. This range of whole plant moisture also works well for achieving good packing and silage fermentation in horizontal silos. Determining whole plant moisture prior to harvest is one management practice to ensure high quality forages.
Sept. 7, 2017 Results: Twenty one samples were provided to United Cooperative with an overall average moisture of 70.8 %. Moisture ranged from 66.6 – 74.7 percent from the samples submitted. For more information and complete results see Sept. 7, 2017 Corn Silage Moisture Results.