2019 Dodge County Clean Sweep Collection
Extension Dodge County announces a 2019 Clean Sweep Collection date to write on your calendar! On Saturday, August 24, 2019, one collection site will be available for county residents to dispose of hazardous waste.
- Saturday, August 24, 2019: Beaver Dam
- Collection Time: 8 am – 12 Noon
- Site: Dodge County Highway Dept. Shop (Town of Trenton), N8856 CTH A, Beaver Dam, WI 53916
- Hazardous Materials Collected: household, farm, business.
- Cost: $10/Household; Agriculture/Free-must pre-register
- Small Business (VSQG)/must pre-register-cost will be assessed
Clean Sweep programs provide the public with opportunities to safely and legally dispose of unwanted pesticides, household products and chemicals. This program collects, treats, stores, or disposes of waste in an environmentally safe method through a licensed hazardous waste facility. Hazardous wastes can usually be identified by products which contain any of the following words: caution, warning, danger, poison, toxic, ignitable or flammable, acid, corrosive or reactive.
All residents of Dodge County are invited to participate. Farms and businesses are asked to pre-register so as the waste disposal company can accommodate their needs.
Clean Sweep Guidelines
- Materials should be properly identified with their original labels
- DO NOT MIX materials together
- Pack materials for your safety
- Pack containers in the trunk of your vehicle, away from people
- Unknown materials can be brought in, but Dodge County and its hazardous waste disposal contractor reserve the right to refuse any material
ACCEPTALBE HOUSEHOLD MATERIALS
- Brake Fluid
- Transmission Fluid
- Paint Stripper
- Carburetor Cleaner
- Engine Cleaner
- Contaminated Fluid
- Lead-based Paint
- Gun Cleaning Fluid
- Swimming Pool Chemical
- Air Freshener
- Dry Cleaning Fluid
- Floor Polish
- Window Cleaner
- Spot Remover
- Mildew Cleaner
- Oven Cleaner
- Nail Polish Remover
- Moth Balls
- Furniture Polish
- Silver Polish
- Fluorescent Tubes
- Mercury Thermometers
- Oil metal-based Paint
- Mercury and Lithium Batteries
MATERIALS NOT ACCEPTED
- Latex Paint
- Human Medical & Biological Wastes
- Radioactive Materials
- Smoke Detectors
- Ammunition, Fireworks, etc.
- Alkaline Batteries
- Used Motor Oil
- Compressed Cylinders
Agriculture & Small Business
Pre-registration is required for Agriculture (for large quantities) & Very Small Quantity Generator Business Collection (VSQG) by Friday, August 16th.
A VSQG is a small business that generates less than 2,205 lbs. of legally defined hazardous waste.
Register by calling Dodge County UW-Extension at 920-386-3790 between 8am and 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
ONLY phone reservations accepted. Register before August 16, 2019
Be prepared to estimate the amount of material being brought to the location (pounds of dry and gallons of liquid).
ACCEPTABLE AGRICULTURE MATERIALS
Damaged, cancelled, banned, or otherwise unwanted agriculture chemicals.
- 2,4,5-T or
- Wood preservatives
- Rodent Bait
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Clean Sweep program?
- Can I go to another county’s Clean Sweep?
- What can I bring to a Clean Sweep?
- Can I bring Agricultural Chemicals?
- Can small businesses participate?
- Where can I read more about disposing of specific materials?
- Lowers environmental risks associated with improper disposal of hazardous materials.
- Provide the public with opportunities to dispose of unwanted pesticides, household products and chemicals for safe and legal disposal before they cause problems.
- Generally, Dodge County has an agricultural and/or household Clean Sweep Program every two years.
- Clean Sweep programs are funded through grant money from Wisconsin’s Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP).
- Final grant funding determines county program details such as type of program, dates and locations.
Brown County – Year Round (Permanent Facility)
- Call ahead for details.
- Saturdays, 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Thursdays, 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Open to non-Brown County residents & businesses.
- Contact: (920) 492-4950 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View website and find out “What do I do with . . .?”
- Household collection, business by appointment, fee for electronics and latex paint.
Dane County –
- Call ahead for details.
- Saturdays, 8:00 a.m. – 10:45am; Tuesdays – Fridays 7:00am – 2:45pm; CLOSED Sundays, Mondays and Holidays
- Out of County residents: $75.00 per trip
- Agricultural Businesses; Fees based on weight and type of waste
- Contact: (608) 838-3212 or email email@example.com
- View website and find out http://www.danecountycleansweep.com/agriculture.aspx
City of Watertown Solid Waste & Recycling
- Visit http://www.ci.watertown.wi.us/departments/solid_waste_and_recycling.php
- Call Rick Schultz at 920-262-4080, Ext. 2
Watertown Recycling Center – 920-674-7430
New location: Second and Clyman Street
Hours of Operation – everyday -7:00 A.M. – 7:00 P.M.
Contact Sharon Ehrhardt for information firstname.lastname@example.org
Glacier Ridge Landfill
$5.25 base rate per unit
Plus ($.32 a pound) or $3.20 for every 10 pounds of the TV
- About Clean Sweep-Spanish (PDF, 1 page, 10 KB)
- Clean Sweep Fact Sheet-Spanish (PDF, 4 pages, 70 KB)
- Clean Sweep Fact Sheet (PDF, 4 pages, 55 KB)
- Agricultural Chemicals Clean Sweep Program (PDF, 1 page, 15 KB)
- Small Business Hazardous Waste Clean Sweep Program (PDF, 1 page, 11 KB)
- Home & Garden Pesticides (PDF, 4 pages, 239 KB)
- Waste Oil and Other Automotive Products (PDF, 2 pages, 185KB)
- Paint and Other Home Improvement Products (PDF, 4 pages, 198 KB)