Extension Dodge County does Pressure Canner Dial Gauge Testing.
Please call 920-386-3790 to make an appointment.
Test dial gauges. Dial gauges on pressure canners should be tested each year against a calibrated ‘master’ gauge. Weighted gauges on canners are not tested, they do not go out of calibration.
Test dial gauges on pressure canners each year against a calibrated ‘master’ gauge.
Weighted gauges on canners are not tested, they do not go out of calibration.
In consideration of the Extension Dodge County Office providing pressure canner testing, the Borrower agrees to release the Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System and Extension Dodge County and all their officers, employees and agents from any and all liability, loss, damages, costs or expenses (whether direct or indirect) which arise out of the use of the pressure canner inspected and the pressure canner gauge tested.
Helpful Links to Food Preservation Questions
Preserve It Fresh, Preserve It Safe
- Holiday Hot Sauce
- Do I really need to check my Dial-Gauge Pressure Canner?
- Preserving Food Safely – Tested Recipes for Canning, Approved by University of Wisconsin
- Safe and Healthy: Preserving Food at Home (Blog from Barb Ingham, Professor & Food Safety Specialist at University of Wisconsin-Madison)
- National Center for Home Food Preservation (University of Georgia)
- Penn State Extension Food Safety http://foodsafety.cas.psu.edu/presqueryform.cfm
- Food Safety & Inspection Services
- FoodSafety.gov – Your Gateway to Federal Food Safety Information
- Ball Canning
- Be Food Safe
- Partnership for Food Safety Education
- Wisconsin Foods and Nutrition Programming
- Meat HACCP UW-Madison Center for Meat Process Validation
- UW Extension Food and Nutrition Publications
- Food & Nutrition Information Center (USDA)
- USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline at 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854)