Home » Agriculture » Youth Dairy Project
- Dodge County Junior Fair Dairy Cattle Superintendent
Kyle Bunkoske, 920-296-5053
- Dairy Youth Advisory Committee Officers 2021-2022
President – Dennis Gunst
Secretary – Alison Grulke
Treasurer – Mandy Sell
- Workshops: Any Dairy Project members or leaders that want to learn more about Dairy Cattle Evaluation are encouraged to attend these workshops. Each counts for 1 point on your Dairy Youth Award Card. Any 4-H member is welcome, regardless of project. Dairy workshops will be held in preparation for Area Animal Science Days contest. All members that want to compete as a member of the team are required to attend at least 75% of all judging practices. There will be 12-14 practices throughout the spring months.
- Wisconsin Dairy Youth Events & News
- Wisconsin State Fair Junior Dairy Information is posted when available at the state fair website. Call the UW-Extension office at 920-386-3790 with any questions.
- UW-Madison Saddle & Sirloin – Beginner Youth Swine Project Award Deadline: April (see current year’s information)
- Dodge County Youth Pork Award (PDF, 3 pages, 24 KB) Deadline: October 10
- Hoard’s Dairyman – Industry Scholarship Listing
- Wisconsin Towns Association Scholarship, Deadline: May (see current year’s information)
- Wisconsin 4-H Foundation Scholarships and Grants Deadline: February (see current year’s information)
Scholarships in areas of: Community Service, Agriculture, Leadership, 4-H, Family/Home/Health, Natural Resources & Environmental Education, Animal Sciences and Horse.
- National FFA Scholarships (most years, applications may be completed about Nov. 15 – Feb. 15)
- Wisconsin Horse Council (WHC) Scholarships (for WHC project members of at least 3 years)
- Dodge County Home & Community Educators (HCE) Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1; contact UWEX Office for Application
- United Cooperative Scholarship Program Deadline: March 1. Call United Cooperative at 800-924-2991 for more information.
- CHS Foundation Deadline: April 1
- Wisconsin Women in Agriculture – Rock River Chapter Scholarship Deadline: April 1
- Beaver Dam Optimist Club – Deadline: January/February (see current year’s information)
Sponsors the “Optimist International Annual Essay Contest”, with local, district and national cash prizes and scholarship awards. If no information is available at their Web site, call the Seippel Arts Center in Beaver Dam at 920-885-6535.
- American Legion National High School Oratorical Contest Contact Rodger Mattson at 920-887-3566 for details and deadline.
- Scholarships in Agriculture Career Education (ongoing resource listing)
Sharing is Caring - Click Below to Share