ABOUT THIS PAGE
This page is where we post information that applies to Youth Dairy AND Youth Livestock project members.
For information that is specific to ONLY Youth Dairy, or ONLY Youth Livestock, select the link below:
AG CAREER JEOPARDY GAMES
YOUTH SCHOLARSHIPS & OPPORTUNITIES
- UW-Madison Badger Dairy Camp Deadline: May (see current year’s information)
- Dodge County DYRAC Scholarship Application (PDF,1 page, 10 KB) Deadline: March 1
- National 4-H Dairy Conference Application Deadline: July (see current year’s information)
- Wisconsin Southdown Association Starter Ewe Program Deadline: March (see current year’s information)
- U.S. Targhee Sheep Association & Starter Flock Program Application Deadline: April 1
- UW-Madison Saddle & Sirloin – Beginner Youth Swine Project Award Deadline: April (see current year’s information)
- Dodge County Youth Pork Award (PDF, 3 pages, 24 KB) Deadline: October 10
- Hoard’s Dairyman – Industry Scholarship Listing
- Wisconsin Towns Association Scholarship, Deadline: May (see current year’s information)
- Wisconsin 4-H Foundation Scholarships and Grants Deadline: February (see current year’s information)
Scholarships in areas of: Community Service, Agriculture, Leadership, 4-H, Family/Home/Health, Natural Resources & Environmental Education, Animal Sciences and Horse.
- National FFA Scholarships (most years, applications may be completed about Nov. 15 – Feb. 15)
- Wisconsin Horse Council (WHC) Scholarships (for WHC project members of at least 3 years)
- Dodge County Home & Community Educators (HCE) Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1; contact UWEX Office for Application
- United Cooperative Scholarship Program Deadline: March 1. Call United Cooperative at 800-924-2991 for more information.
- CHS Foundation Deadline: April 1
- Wisconsin Women in Agriculture – Rock River Chapter Scholarship Deadline: April 1
- Beaver Dam Optimist Club – Deadline: January/February (see current year’s information)
Sponsors the “Optimist International Annual Essay Contest”, with local, district and national cash prizes and scholarship awards. If no information is available at their Web site, call the Seippel Arts Center in Beaver Dam at 920-885-6535.
- American Legion National High School Oratorical Contest Contact Rodger Mattson at 920-887-3566 for details and deadline.
- Scholarships in Agriculture Career Education (ongoing resource listing)
- My American Farm – Interactive online ag education games
- Why Ag – A “One-stop shop” for Interactive Ag Career Exploration
- Farming as Rocket Science: Why American agriculture is different from the European variety
- Lessons Learned on the Show Halter
- UW Saddle & Sirloin
- Wisconsin Livestock Identification Consortium (WLIC) – Animal Premises Identification
- Integrating Safety into Agritourism – Information about using best practices to keep farm visitors safe.
- US Farmers & Ranchers Alliance Food Dialogues – Consumer Misperceptions About Food – Answers and Conversation – Join America’s farmers and ranchers in conversation about how they grow and raise our food.
- Dedicated to Dairy
A site for families, schools, health professionals and the public – all about dairy cows, dairy foods, dairy facts and myths and meet local dairy farm families.
- New You Tube Channel “Meet America’s Farmers”
- Livestock Comfort at the Fair (PDF, 1 page, 351 KB)
- Wisconsin Sheep & Goat Extension – Upcoming Events
- Youth Animal Care Training Web site
Kansas State University’s free online educational training modules for youth high school age and younger.