“It ain’t over till it’s over”… and summer is just not over yet!
Labor Day has passed and school may be back in session, but there’s still lots of delicious, fresh seasonal produce available. Now’s the perfect time to pick up your favorite late summer produce, ripe and ready in abundance at your local farmers’ market or supermarket! See if you can find the following:
- Juicy tomatoes good in summer salads, sauces, and stews
- Sweet corn still in its husk, delicious in many dishes or enjoyed by itself
- Crispy summer squash or zucchini perfect for grilling or roasting
- Bright purple eggplant that can be used as a main entrée or a side dish
- Colorful bell peppers great for an after school snack
- Fresh okra available in pods, great in curries, sautés, and soups
Try one or try them all!
Get SNAP-Ed News and Tools