February 10, 2021
Junior Market Beef (incl. feeder beef), Sheep, and Swine Exhibitors-
The Dodge County Meat Animal Sale Committee (MAS) would like to share some announcements regarding youth livestock identification for 2021, and educational points.
Livestock Identification – For 2021 youth livestock project year, MAS will be identifying Junior Market Beef, Sheep and Swine projects with ear tags, DNA samples, and a Google Exhibitor/Family Registration form. ID packets (ear tags, DNA envelopes, specie paperwork) will be available for pick up at the Extension office starting April 12th and will be due back to the Dodge County Extension office by the end of business on May 7th. Letters for Beef, Sheep, and Swine exhibitors will be released later, containing information that is more detailed.
- You will be required to request your Identification packets with the Dodge County Extension office prior to their pick up at 920-386-3790.
**New this year, we will also be identifying Feeder Beef projects with ear tags. This will be in place of a weigh-in (NO FEEDER BEEF WEIGH IN), feeder beef identification will occur at the same time as Beef, Sheep and Swine (starting April 12 and due back to the Dodge County Extension office by the end of business on May 7) **
Livestock Project Activity Card (Orange Cards) – Orange card completion will continue to be required for participation in the Meat Animal Sale with the following adjustments:
- Educational points earned between August 13, 2019 and August 17, 2021 will be accepted. This includes attendance at the 2019 Post Sale meeting. With the EXCEPTION of YQCA (Youth for the Quality Care of Animals). Your YQCA certification must be current and valid at the time of the Dodge County Fair. YQCA certifications are only valid for one year after completion with the exception of the test out option.
- YQCA certification is available for completion at yqca.org. At this time, no instructor led courses are planned in Dodge County.
- A copy of the Livestock Project Activity Card can be found HERE
- Please watch the Dodge County Extension Livestock Youth project page and your Friday Focus 4-H newsletter for information on upcoming educational opportunities!
- If you complete a virtual livestock project activity, please complete the Event/Education Verification Form and return to the Dodge County Extension office.
MAS Committee Membership term – No elections will be held this year for the MAS committee, which will remain as is until the next election scheduled for the 2021 Post-Sale meeting. This decision is in compliance with the MAS Committee bylaws found HERE, as elections for the current MAS committee occurred within 90 days of the previous Meat Animal Sale. If a member is not able to complete their term, in accordance with the Bylaws a replacement will be appointed by the committee.