October 30, 2020
Extension Dodge County will not be offering in-person training in 2020.
If you plan on using restricted use pesticides in your fields, you must be certified in Wisconsin.
Farmers needing certification to apply pesticides in 2021 will have an online option for their pesticide safety training. Applicators can do the online training instead of attending an in-person training. There will not be an in-person training scheduled at Dodge County. Attending this online training from the comfort of your home will be like going to a training session in person. You will need a computer and good internet connection. The online training will present the same information as the County Extension in-person training.
Online training or self-study is the only option available at Dodge County at this time.
- Participant still must purchase the manual, or have purchased the manual (General Farming Manual, Private Category 100/101, Eighth Edition) previously. Example: purchased materials for the cancelled March 18th, 2020 in-person training or self-study.
- Attending in-person or online training is not mandatory, there is always the self-study option.
- The online training option cost is $10.00.
- A $15.00 refund will be forwarded to the applicators that had registered for the cancelled March 18th, 2020 in-person training and lunch.
You will, however, still need to take the certification exam in person at an Extension office.
The online training sessions are scheduled for the first two weeks of every month from December 2020 to May 2021 (the 1st to the 14th of the month). When you register for one of the sessions, you can take the training at any time during that two-week period. Please block approximately 4 hours to complete the training. Attendance is mandatory, meaning once you start the training you will have to complete it in one session. Two 15-minute breaks are built into the training.
- TO REGISTER FOR ONLINE TRAINING: Go to the UW PAT Store. [ https://patstore.wisc.edu/secure/browse_cat.asp?category_id=30 ].
- Select General Farming 100/101.
- Online training cost is $10.00.
- Participant will be emailed a link and password to the training to gain access to the training.
- To assure attendance, code words are provided in the training that you must enter at the end to be marked as complete.
Once you complete the online training you will be emailed a receipt of completion that you must show to the County Extension exam proctor when you take the exam. The code words must be correct to take advantage of the reduced grade (50% passing score), otherwise you will be marked as a self-study test (70% passing score). Certification exams will take place at the Extension Dodge County office.
*Those wishing to be certified in Fruit Crops or Greenhouse & Nursery, can take the General Farming training, but then take the exam for those specialized categories.
Cell phones must be turned off during testing, so please bring a pocket calculator for the exam.
**Wisconsin now requires that any person taking a certification exam must provide positive identification (a driver’s license is most common) and know their social security number.
You must bring this identification to the testing.
Other acceptable forms of ID are:
A photo ID
Birth Certificate plus another form of ID
Social Security Number
If you have questions, please call the Extension Dodge County office in Juneau at 920-386-3790.
To take the online training, participants will have to register at the UW PAT Store –
[ https://patstore.wisc.edu/secure/browse_cat.asp?category_id=30 ]. It will cost $10/participant.
- Participants will have 14 days to access the course. From the 1st to the 14th of the month you select. December 2020, January 2021, February 2021, March 2021, April 2021, and May 2021. Participants can access it any time in that 2-week period.
- Participants must complete the training from beginning to end. Leaving during the training (excluding two 15-minute breaks) will be marked incomplete. Block 4 hours to take the training.
- There are code words in the training that the participant will have to enter at the end of the training to assure they were attending.
- There are two 15-minute breaks.
- At completion of training, participant will receive a receipt. Print receipt. Participant must show this receipt to the exam proctor at the County Extension office as “attended a training”.
- Identify the correct code words for the time frame/month you have registered. The receipt will be dated and the three (3) code words will be different for each month. If incorrect, then participant will be coded on the test as self-study.
- Call Extension Dodge County at 920-386-3790 to schedule an exam time.
Please call the Extension office with any questions! Thank you.