WHEN YOUR INCOME DROPS…
Sometimes a household’s income drops suddenly because of a job layoff, an illness or death, or a
divorce. It’s natural to feel shocked or panicked or to want to ignore the situation.
Whatever the cause, the best thing you can do is to figure out if your new income covers all of your
current expenses. Most households can’t continue to spend at the same rate and with same lifestyle
that they had before their income dropped – even if the drop is just temporary. The sooner you look
at your household budget, the more options you have and the better off you will be in the long run.
SEE FULL ARTICLE (8 pg. PDF) FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO TAKE CHARGE WITH-
- A monthly cash flow worksheet
- Where to start if you can’t pay your bills
- What can happen if you don’t pay your bills
- Deciding which debts to pay first
- Sample letter to creditors