Dodge County Junior Fair Market Beef will be identified through the tagging, DNA collection, and the 2020 Google Beef Exhibitor/Family registration form. We ask for your prompt attention to all these details.
Tags and DNA Collection envelopes will be available for pick-up at the Extension Dodge County office.
Instructions: Beef ID tags, hair DNA sampling, and registration form.
1. Request your 2020 Market Beef Identification kit from the Extension office. The kit will include the number of tags the exhibitor/family is requesting, hair DNA envelopes for each animal, and a link to an online registration – 2020 Dodge County Junior Fair Market Beef Registration Form. There is no cost.
2. Tag animal. Properly collect your animal’s hair DNA sample. Hair collection how-to is enclosed and available here on the Youth Livestock page. Fill out DNA envelope (exhibitor name, tag #, date) and seal, one sample per envelope. Exhibitors should be present and helpful in tagging and DNA collection process.
3.Complete the beef REGISTRATION FORM found at this link: https://tinyurl.com/2020DodgeCoBeef (REQUIRED)
- Submit. You will receive an email receipt when your form has been submitted. Timestamps are collected for each submission. Due by Friday, February 28, 2020 by 4:30 pm.
- The Meat Animal Sale Committee will use the data submitted to create the fair show programs and the Meat Animal Auction catalog.
4. DNA collection envelopes are due to the Extension Dodge County office by the end of the business day (4:30 pm) on Friday, February 28, 2020 or by US Mail POSTMARKED no later than Friday, February 28, 2020.
If you have any questions or concerns, or if your animal loses its tag, immediately contact your Dodge County MAS Beef Representatives.
Mike Guenther-Chair: 920-210-1938
Andy Neff: 920-382-5552
Mark Nehls: 920-285-3566
You may also contact Amanda Young, Dodge County Dairy & Livestock Educator at 920-386-3790 or firstname.lastname@example.org Please go to the Extension Dodge County website at www.dodge.extension.wisc.edu for more project information.
Have a successful project year!